Monday, July 16, 2012

Leo is Nine Months Old!

Leo is nine months old today! That means he has been growing out in the world as long as he was growing in my belly! And he's walking! He is getting sturdier and more confident by the hour, it feels.

Leo's sleep has finally stabilized, but he had a really rough patch where he was waking up 4 times a night this month. We were so tired - it was like having a newborn baby again! I think it was all that locomotion development - he was practicing in his sleep. We would find him in odd positions every night, whereas he usually doesn't move at all after we lay him in his crib.

He still enjoys eating tons of different food, most recently freshly baked zucchini bread. He really likes to feed himself and has surprised me with all of the things he can eat. Sometimes, though, he just stores the food in his cheeks like a chipmunk!

I have one more month with Leo until I go back to work :(. But we have found a wonderfully nanny named Tara, and a playmate for Leo named Isabel. She is ten months old and Tara will watch both of them at the same time, half at our house and half at theirs (which is two blocks from where I work). I am so happy and relieved that we found such a great situation with such great people!

1 comment: